Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Spotlight!



Yes, I totally stole this from Lolcats, I love them!

First of all I want to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day! I don't care if people think it's corny and overly commercialized, I love being corny with my boyfriend. So there.

Second, let me be geeky and say that though I know hearts are represented as seen in the above-shaped cookie, when I think of a heart, it looks more like this:



Must be my medical training :)

So, thirdly, and the whole point of this post: I thought I should spotlight two romance novels I've read lately, that I felt no desire to analyze by writing a review for them, but LOVED them and wanted to share that with you all.



Once Upon a Wedding Night by Sophie Jordan: so a lot of you probably know Sophie Jordan as the writer of Firelight (which I'm ashamed to say I still haven't read yet..), but did you know she also writes romance novels? And really good ones at that? This story had everything I could possibly ask for in a romance novel, a relatable heroine, a handsome, swoonworthy man, REAL problems that needed resolving and TENSION!! This story spans more than the three days some others take to get their characters to fall deeply in love, so that earns the author brownie points in my book. And not to forget: Jordan knows how to tell a story, her writing is very engaging and I totally loved this book. I read it for a challenge where you had to read an author's book which had the lowest average rating and I have to say I do not get why this was that one for Jordan. If you ever want to try romance novels or already love reading them, this book is your way to go. Highly recommended!



Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean: This is the second in her Love By Numbers series, I loved the first one and this one did not disappoint! There's real conflict, the main characters are both stubborn and I totally loved them together. Likeable: check. Swoonworthy man: check. Tension: check. Total heartbreak and finding a way to be together in the end: CHECK! Highly recommended as well!

And both books get brownie points for making me cry, they were amazing.



So that's it, now I'm gonna go and make reservations at a Mexican restaurant for tonight. How are you spending your Valentine's Day?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's
    And Thanks for the recs! I think I've already read the Sophie Jordan one but I'm not sure...
    I did like the first book in he Love by Numbers book, so I should probably check out the other one :D

    ReplyDelete