Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eleven Scandals To Start To WIn A Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean



Title/Author: Eleven Scandals To Start To Win A Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers #3) by Sarah MacLean
Publisher/Date published: Avon, May 1st 2011
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley

Goodreads summary: "She lives for passion.
Bold, impulsive, and a magnet for trouble, Juliana Fiori is no simpering English miss. She refuses to play by society's rules: she speaks her mind, cares nothing for the approval of the ton, and can throw a punch with remarkable accuracy. Her scandalous nature makes her a favorite subject of London's most practiced gossips... and precisely the kind of woman The Duke of Leighton wants far, far away from him.
He swears by reputation.
Scandal is the last thing Simon Pearson has room for in his well-ordered world. The Duke of Disdain is too focused on keeping his title untainted and his secrets unknown. But when he discovers Juliana hiding in his carriage late one evening—risking everything he holds dear — he swears to teach the reckless beauty a lesson in propriety. She has other plans, however; she wants two weeks to prove that even an unflappable duke is not above passion."

If you've been coming around here somewhat longer, you might have seen me rave about this series before. Because it's FREAKING AMAZING!!! SERIOUSLY!! The little romantic inside of me cheers the whole time while reading these books. Pretty loudly, I might add.

So, I read a bunch of romance books. And some of it isn't great. But these books right here? They are so great. I love how Sarah MacLean writes! She is such an amazing storyteller and I just love her.

Sometimes I don't like to read series of romance novels, cause it can get a bit boring and repetitive, but here I really liked it. Juliana was introduced in the first book and I've grown to love her along the way. So to have her as the main character in this one was just great. And I liked getting to know her even better and revisiting the characters from the previous books.

In the previous two books I didn't think much of Simon, but he turns out to be as swoonworthy as I've come to expect from MacLean's heroes. Gosh, I really loved the chemistry between Simon and Juliana and it was all so romantic!

This one is completely recommended, as well as the rest of the series, to anyone who even remotely likes historical romance. It's brilliant and it will make you fall in love with the characters. I absolutely loved it!

My rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I read the first one of the series but I wasn't really tempted to read the next one, this one sounds more like the thing though, I'll try to squeeze it into my reading schedule =)

    ReplyDelete