Sunday, October 23, 2011

Read-a-Thon: Mid-event survey

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm actually still reading my first book: The Kingdom of Gods by N.K. Jemisin
2. How many books have you read so far?
This is my first... I'm feeling like and underachiever.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Finishing this one and then Epic Fail, cause I've heard very good things about it :)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
There was the cooking dinner thing and the mom driving me home thing. I just decided to go with it, because I can't alienate everyone ;)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I'm pretty awake right now!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
My brain is shutting down, I do not have suggestions for anything.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Try to sleep in some more before the start, since it starts at 2PM here.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
YES! But to be fair, it's 2:19 AM as I'm typing this, so I think I'm allowed. It's way past my bedtime ;)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Honestly, I don't know. I'm just reading a book I love and tweeting in between finishing chapters and it works for me :)

12 hours done! I have started twitching and am laying of the tea for a while (still caffeine in there, though not as much as in coffee). I may also move to my bed in a little while, so I may go quiet on Twitter for a bit.
Hope all of you participating are enjoying the read-a-thon!

4 comments:

  1. I like tweeting during the Read a Thon too - seems easier than blog updates. Hope you're having a great day of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon so far but for me it's enough , I need to get some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read One Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by this author. Hope you are having fun and getting some good quality reading done at the same time :)

    *Keep it up,
    You're doing great,
    Read lots of books,
    And stay up late!*

    ReplyDelete