Saturday, January 14, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



Title/Author: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher/Date published: Dutton, December 2nd 2010
How I got this book: I bought it as a reward for myself for finishing my last internship :)

Goodreads summary: "Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?"

I very much realise that I'm probably the last person on this planet to read Anna. I do. But I finally caved in to peer pressure and read it, and let me tell you that I thought it was FANTASTIC!!

Seriously, I was one of those who cover-snobbed this book. Because really, while I have gotten used to it now, it is really cheezy and it doesn't scream YOU WILL LOVE ME, at least not to me. But I did love this book! And I can't believe I didn't read it sooner, but now at least everyone can stop yelling at me ;)

I loved this book so much I don't want to pick it apart in a review, so I'm just gonna say that I loved Anna and Etienne and their relationship and how it evolved from friends to more. The last part had me in a reading frenzy, cause even though I KNEW it would all end happily ever after, I needed to actually experience it before I could go to sleep.

I read this book all in one day. On Christmas Day. In between eating, unwrapping gifts and spending time with my family and boyfriend. And I couldn't have picked a better read. It was lovely and sweet and romantic and now all I want to do is go order Lola and the Boy Next Door. Which I will once my credit card is ok-ed.
I think I have found a new auto-buy author :)

My rating: 5+ stars

6 comments:

  1. Same here.
    I read it last December and spent a whole Sunday in bed or on the couch reading. It is just the perfect book.
    I haven't ordered Lola and the boy next door yet because I am not sure if it will be as good as Anna.
    I am glad you enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Perkins is a wonderful author - and she's proven herself twice over to me with Lola & the Boy Next Door!

    I'll agree that I didn't like the cover for Anna much either, but my friend (who doesn't read at all) started reading it and loved it and that pretty much convinced me I had to give it a try. And the rest, as they all say, is history.

    So glad you loved it too! And I'm so glad that you got to experience it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely the last person in the world to read this :)

    I didn't love Lola AS much, but still - Stephanie Perkins is definitely an auto-buy for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Small of Small Review hasn't read it yet.
    :D

    LOL I was one of the ones that held out the most and while I didn't love it I've grown to love Etienne and Anna (and YAY you're one of the few people that call him by name rather than St. Claire) and I liked it a lot more in the second reading.

    And while I really disliked Lola and Lola and the Boy Next Door I'm really looking forward to Isla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Daisy

    I like your review about this story. But I read a lot of reviews about books you read on goodreads. And sometimes I just buy a book because of your review. Today I became with a blog about books and reviews my self. On goodreads I saw that you have also a blog of your self and I became a follower. I am looking forward to read your next reviews.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad my review didn't let you down :)

    ReplyDelete