Sunday, February 5, 2012

Daisy Update (5)

Hi all!!

I really wanted to do an IMM today but two things happened:
1)I talked so much last night my voice is messed up and it kinda hurts to talk
2)We got home MUCH later than I expected, we were at my boyfriend's parents' house and well, let's say I thought we would have been home about 6 hours ago

This is basically what has messed up all my plan for this Sunday, except for reading :)

Last Friday was my last day at the dermatology outpatient centre and I brought cookies and got a good evaluation of my internship, so I was pretty happy! I'm starting a new internship tomorrow at a pulmonary disease department, which I hope will be as good an experience as this one was! It's always kind of scary to start a new internship to me cause of all the new people you meet, I'm a pretty shy person. So keep me in your thoughts tomorrow as I try to find my way in a new place!

On Tuesday I had dinner with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in 6 months! She's been abroad for an internship and we hadn't managed to find a day to get together before, so it was great seeing her and catching up on everything :) She had some horror stories to tell about the hospital she worked at in Ghana... (seriously, I don't ever want to have to go to a hospital there!) I got her some candy that's exclusively available around Sinterklaas, she'd come back just after and I knew she really liked them :)

You know how I said last week that I should stop ordering so many books? Yeah, I pre-ordered another one... I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to buying books... But at least in about 6 months all will be in my home and I will be a very happy girl!

It's been really cold here and on Friday it even snowed! We've been having temperatures down to -16C at night and -6C during the day and I'm freezing all my appendages off everytime I venture outside... I wish it would hurry up and be spring already! I do not approve of this coldness.



On bookish news: I finished one book and a novella and DNF-ed one book. And I've started Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta and it is SO GOOD!! Seriously, it was recommended by Jess and Sarah J. Maas (when I mentioned I LOVED Witchlanders she said I should definitely read this one :) ) and I'm totally in love with the writing and the story! I'm about halfway through and I'm so glad I don't have to wait to read Froi of the Exiles as I have it from NetGalley :)

This week will see me preparing for the belated Christmas dinner I'm having with my friends on Saturday (we couldn't find a day to do it sooner ;)), so there will be cleaning and groceryshopping and all such fun things.
Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon! Froi of the Exiles sounds amazing. I hope it is great all the way through. I'd love to start that series! :)

    Hope to see you drop by my blog soon,
    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the cold eases up soon!
    Here it backed off a little for the weekend but they are saying we'll be back to ice-cubes tomorrow :/

    As for Finnikin of the Rock, I really hope you like it because it's good, but really, Froi is going to blow your socks off! I promise! It's an awesome book and the characters just linger with your for days and days afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I love that picture. In fact I am still loling at it. I understand it so much. If I didnt have the job I do, which sent me to Phoenix these past three weeks, I'd feel the same :)

    Also you'll be in my thoughts come tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your internship went well, and I hope the next one is even better! I totally understand about being shy meeting new people.

    Sounds like you have a great week ahead of you! I hope it warms up in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your new internship Daisy! I hope all is going well. I miss talking to you so hopefully I catch you on Twitter or GChat soon!!

    ReplyDelete