Sunday, July 15, 2012

Daisy Update (15)


Hi guys!!

It's been a busy week! Or rather, it felt like a busy week even if it was mostly just Monday that was crazy...

Monday's I'm on my own on the ward I work at, making sure 19 patients are still alive at the end of the day. This particular Monday had me running around and generally feeling that I was behind on everything all day long and it didn't stop until I went home. And even then it didn't really stop. Monday is always a busy day because you have to get everything done that piled up over the weekend and there's less time to do it in than other days because we have this meeting at the end of the day that takes over 2 hours...
So I went home at 7.45PM and just crashed on the couch after.

But rest of the week was a lot better, the other resident on the ward was there and between the two of us we got everything done in time in a more relaxed manner. I'm starting to realise I'm a real doctor now and it's wonderful!

Wednesday's my day off and I spent all day catching up on blogging, getting my Google Reader under controll and finishing Throne of Glass. It was wonderful! And guys, if you're interested, I wrote a gushing, fangirling review for Throne of Glass. It's everything I wanted from it and going off-schedule to read it was like a present to myself :)

Wednesday night the boyfriend and I went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, and seriously, they give you SO MUCH food! We tried to eat everything, but just couldn't and the waitress sorta scolded us a little for not eating enough... The boyfriend and I had a good laugh about that! :)

Friday night I went all little old lady and went to bed at 9.30PM because I had been fighting sleep since 8.30PM and well, there was noone at home to stay up for. It felt weird, but Saturday morning I was well rested again, so it was worth it! Yesterday was filled with relaxing up until the moment we went to one of the boyfriend's friends' housewarming and after that we continued on to the festival surrounding the 4 day walking event that starts on Tuesday. All these people are invading the city I live in and cleaning out the supermarket... It's a wonderful event, but it means that the city will be packed with people, blocking the roads and such.

On bookish news: a lot of the books I ordered came in the mail and I'm excited every time I come home and see a package waiting for me! I feel like between the new job and making time to spend with my boyfriend after work, I hardly read at all these past two weeks! I've started A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and I'm really enjoying it so far!! Am hoping to finish a good chunk of it today :)

Tonight we're going over to my brother's for dinner, he's housesitting for someone and the house sounds really fancy! I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now, so I'm excited to go over there with my boyfriend. My parents are coming as well, so it will be a little family get together, yay! :)

Hope you all have an amazing Sunday and a great week!

Also: if you missed it, I'm hosting a little giveaway for my blogoversary, open internationally!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Daisy updates! It's always fun to see how you're doing! I need to read Throne of Glass really soon. You an Magan can't quit gushing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're very busy but happy at the same time, so I guess that's great!!

    YAY for books and fun and that you like your job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Daisy! It's awesome that you're such a grown-up, being a real doctor and all now! And it sounds like you're getting a lot of fun times in with the boyfriend and family, and that's good too!

    I can't wait to see what you think of The Discovery of Witches! We have such similar tastes and it's been on my shelf for weeks but I've been putting it off.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that you're a doctor! If I weren't so queasy and squeamish at the sight of blood, I would have wanted to be one too.

    And yay for Throne of Glass! I loved that book so, so much. My review hasn't been posted on the blog yet, but it was basically just a lot of gushing in general.

    Also, A Discovery of Witches! I want to read that book, so I'm definitely excited to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete