Monday, May 13, 2013

Review of Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


Title/Author: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead
Publisher/Date published: Razorbill, November 13th 2008
How I got this book: own it
Buy this book at: The Book Depository

Goodreads summary: It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.

***WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FIRST 2 BOOKS IN THE SERIES***

So if I had read this back when I didn't worry about review piles who needed clearing, I probably would have DEVOURED these books in the space of a week. They are THAT addictive!

With every book I love Rose more. She is such a kickass character and she's what makes these books shine. I mean, sure, I am as likely to drool over Dimitri as the next girl, but Rose is who I ultimately read this series for. I love her loyalty and how she truly gives everything of herself. She's committed and I respect that.

And for those of you who have met Dimitri: do I really need to say anything other than THIS MAN!! *SWOON*

Rose and Dimitri together are just amazing and I was happy and happy and frolicking along, reading the book and then all of a sudden WHAM! BIG PLOT TWIST! And OMG, I can't believe I forgot for a minute which series I was reading and how Richelle Mead manages to pull at my heartstrings EVERY TIME! And like I said to Judith from Paper Riot THINGS NEED TO BE FIXED! I mean, seriously, I will never forgive Richelle Mead if things DON'T get fixed! Seriously!

I so need to read the next book...

My rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. And this is like only the beginning of her cliffhangers and twists....
    SK is my second favorite book of the VA saga, the first one being Last Sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete